Tom Riese | WVIA NewsReporter / Producer & Host - Morning Edition
Tom Riese is a multimedia reporter and the local host for NPR's Morning Edition. He comes to NEPA by way of Philadelphia. He is a York County native who studied journalism at Temple University.
Of the 67 counties in the commonwealth, five counties in Northeast Pennsylvania are in the top 10 with the highest veteran suicide rates, according to advocate group Together With Veterans.
The old storage and concession building at Connell Park will eventually offer free bikes in exchange for volunteer work sometime next year.
King's College, Commonwealth University and Wilkes University, among others, are looking for ways to fund local high school grads so they stay in the region.
Incarcerated men with less than two years in their sentence were eligible to attend the event at State Correctional Institution Frackville.
Ahead of midterm elections on Nov. 8, candidates in two Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania congressional districts weigh in on topics that are important to voters.
The company is one of 30 finalists in the Mission Daybreak challenge, a contest that the VA includes in its 10-year strategy to bolster suicide prevention. The top prize is $3 million.
The food bank based in Jenkins Twp. serves thousands of families as well as community organizations that distribute items regionally.
Incumbent Republican Dan Meuser of Luzerne County faced off against challenger Amanda Waldman, a Democrat from Lycoming County, on Friday night at WVIA Studios.
The Department of Corrections saw an increase in recidivism in two segments of the population and high rates in Northeast Pennsylvania.
- Postcards from the 167th Bloomsburg Fair
- Hockey mixes with STEM learning in Wilkes-Barre Twp.
- Prison advocates highlight water issue at Muncy prison
- LCCC art gallery celebrates National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Cultural festival celebrates Lebanese heritage in Scranton
- The 1902 coal strike remembered at Lackawanna County Courthouse
- Federal debt from ITT Technical Institute loans to be discharged
- Former President Donald Trump takes the stage at Mohegan Sun Arena
- Save America Rally in Wilkes-Barre Twp. begins
- Doors open at the Mohegan Sun Arena for Save America Rally